Department of Forests and Soil Conservation
The forest area of Nepal is estimated to be about 5.83 million hectares or 39.6% of the total geographical area of the country.
The main mandate of DoF is to manage the country’s forest resources for the conservation of the natural environment and to supply the forest products to the people. The specific functions of the department are as follows:
- Protection, management and utilization of forests and conservation of natural resources.
- Planning, implementation and coordination of forestry development activities.
- Support and facilitate the Ministry of Forests and Soil Conservation on policy formulation.
- Increase people’s participation in forest management; particularly in plantation and resource conservation in forests.
- Contribute to the economic development of the country through revenue generation from forest products.
- Improve the livelihood of the community through implementation of effective forestry programs.
Government of Nepal Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development Department of Food Technology and Quality Control
- Airlines (6)
- Banks & Finance (9)
- Courier & Cargo (10)
- Embassies & Consulates (4)
- Garrages & Workshops (0)
- Government & Law (22)
- Health & Fitness (5)
- Hospitals & Medicals (19)
- Hotels & Guest Houses (3)
- ICT (13)
- Real Estate (6)
- Recreation & Sports (3)
- Schools, Colleges, Universities (9)
- Shopping & Malls (6)
- Travel & Tourism (13)