Cyber security is the practice of protecting systems, networks, and programs from digital attacks. Cyber security may also be referred to as information technology security. Cyber attacks are an evolving danger to organizations, employees, and consumers. They may be designed to access or destroy sensitive data or extort money. They can, in effect, destroy businesses and damage people’s financial and personal lives.
Things to be considered for cyber safety:
- Only use trusted sites when providing your personal information. A good rule of thumb is to check the URL
- Don’t click links in emails from unknown sources
- Use a different password for each account
- Back up your files regularly to prevent cyber security attacks
- Avoid opening links of lotteries, prizes, gifts, discounts
- Software updates contain important patches to fix security issues
- Download all software from authentic sources, avoid downloading software (executable files) from torrent sites
- While using third party computers or mobiles for browsing use the private/incognito mode
- Use a good anti-virus software suite
However, the best tip to prevent cyber attacks is to keep acquiring knowledge and staying informed about the different cyber threats. Elders and children are more prone to cyber attacks, so share your knowledge of cyber security with them and help the society in staying safe from cyber attacks.